We are recruiting for a part time Key Worker in our houses. Here is the advert and Job Description:
Advert: Key Worker
Treasures seeks out the treasure in female ex-offenders and drug users by providing them with a safe home and support to turn around their lives. Your work to with these women will help to make this happen.
The role is initially for 1 year starting for 10.5 hours a week at £9.52 per hour.
To apply please send your CV and covering letter explaining how you feel you match the information in the job description, to the address above by 1stMarch 2019. We will assess the CVs and then hope to have a telephone or face to face informal interview at a time convenient to both parties. This may be on Friday 8thMarch 2019
Key Worker Role (10.5 hours a week at £9.52ph)
- Undertake appropriate key working activities (i.e. referrals, risk assessments, care planning etc.) to assess and understand resident’s needs.
- Provide advice to residents on housing, resettlement, health, substance use, welfare benefit claims and domestic violence.
- Take a holistic approach to supporting resident’s needs, seeking and highlighting opportunities for change at the individual’s and project/ organisational level.
- Develop and run group sessions/activities which meet the needs of the women and aims of the project such as effective communication and conflict resolution and morning group meetings.
- Participate in the Out of Hours emergency on call rota as required
- Provide resettlement advice and support to women who have left the organisation.
- Identify problems and services deficiencies by the continuous review of the residents’ needs and make recommendations for improvements in line with Treasures’ Theory of Change.
- Utilise knowledge, skills and experience to recognise and manage difficult or challenging resident situations and use appropriate communication skills to influence and bring about positive change to the resident’s behaviour.
- Act on behalf of the Manager on day to day matters in their absence and contributing to the overall management of the team as required.
- To be available to work out of hours to meet the demands of the service if required.
- To gather data for monitoring and evaluation and record this appropriately.
- To organise for repairs and maintenance on the house.
- Empathy with residents
- Ability to act as a positive role model, acting in line with our Christian Ethos
- Willingness to abide by policies and systems and to implement them
- Able to use initiative
- Flexible attitude
- Willingness to apply of statutory and best practice requirements to Treasures’ situation.
- IT literate or happy to work towards IT literacy
Treasures Foundation is a registered Charity No: 1131292 and a company limited by guarantee in England and Wales, No 6937026 Address:256 Rotherhithe Street, Rotherhithe, London, SE16 5RN, Email: firstname.lastname@example.org